This proposed R&D is to develop my climate justice pantomime for full performance later in 2020. It:
- Challenges silos within disability art by involving both visually and hearing impaired performers;
- Makes access part of the art by using a range of ‘languages’ including BSL, audio narration, ‘call and response’ and creative captioning;
- Reaches out to a mainstream audience by sharing the richness of diverse ‘languages.
To address the practical challenges, the R&D will:
- Partner with ‘language’ experts;
- Workshop two selected scenes;
- Ask an invited audience specific questions at a sharing performance.